Frequently Asked Questions
World Expos are one of the oldest and largest international events on the planet, taking place every five years and lasting six months. It is a festival for all, where everyone can experience, explore, innovate, and have fun by sharing ideas and working together.
Expo 2020 Dubai will be the first World Expo ever hosted in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia (MEASA) region. Through our theme of Connecting Minds, Creating the Future, we aim to host a World Expo that inspires people by showcasing the best examples of collaboration, innovation, and cooperation from around the world. https://www.expo2020dubai.com/
There will be more than 200 participants including nations, multilateral organizations, businesses and educational institutions. To date, more than 190 nations from across the world have confirmed their participation at Expo 2020.
Expo 2020 will run for six months from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022. It will be open seven days a week, from 10:00 to 00:00 on weekdays and 10:00 to 02:00 on weekends and special days.
Measuring 4.38 sqkm, the Expo 2020 site is in the Dubai South district. It is close to Al Maktoum International Airport and within easy reach of Dubai International Airport, Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai and Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminals. The site also has its own Metro station, capable of transporting 22,000 passengers per hour in each direction.
The UAE’s sunny climate means that lightweight clothing is suitable to wear throughout the year. However, slightly warmer attire such as a jumper may be needed during winter or in a place with powerful air conditioning (for example, a cinema or hotel lobby). When out in public, dress codes are generally relaxed, but it is still a good idea to respect the local culture – excessively tight or revealing clothing is inadvisable, especially in family-friendly environments such as malls and restaurants.
There are many ways in which you can participate. The Expo Live programme offers support and funding to those with creative solutions to global challenges, the Expo 2020 Volunteers programme is welcoming more than 30,000 volunteers, the World Majlis sessions bring together current and aspiring thought leaders from across the planet, and a wide range of business opportunities are available at the Online Marketplace.
Kenya Export Promotion and Branding Agency (KEPROBA) is Kenya’s Responsible National Authority (RNA) for the Expo Dubai 2020 which is flagship project falls under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Enterprise Development.
In order to get accredited, you will be required to submit the following documents and information:
- A scanned copy of your passport biodata.
- Passport photo with a white background.
- A copy of your Covid 19 vaccination certificate.
- Indicate your duration of stay.
- Your phone number and email.
As part of Kenya’s participation in the World Expo 2020 Dubai, the Country will take part in the Expo World Market Initiative Programme. This programme will provide opportunities for suitable exhibitors to exhibit and conduct commercial activities at the commercial area of the Kenya Pavilion. Companies interested in exhibiting at the commercial space are required to meet the following specifications: –
- Companies should be in specific target sectors where Kenya may have a competitive edge. These are Tea, Flowers, Leather & Textiles, Medicaments, Horticulture, Tourism, Goat/Lamb meat, Coffee, Food Preparations, Cosmetics, Dairy products, Tobacco, Oil Paintings, Woodworks and Briquettes, furniture, and products in the art sector.
- Companies must be producers or manufacturers and NOT traders or middlemen/women and where possible, should not have participated in previous world Expos, to give opportunity for more Kenyans to participate.
This retail opportunity will provide Kenyan exhibitors the opportunity to showcase their talent, culture and material resources on a global platform and highlight their innovativeness and design capabilities. Through this window, the Kenya Pavilion will increase the visitors experience by availing sellable and tangible take away objects which will create a lasting and memorable connection with Kenya.
Of importance to note is that.
- Only food and beverage items (that do not require preparation) and are non-perishable will be permitted,
- Alcoholic food and beverage items are not permitted for sale,
- Obtaining approval from the relevant food and health authorities is the responsibility of participants.
To ensure that we exhibit the best that Kenya has to offer, applicants will go through an evaluation and selection process to select the most suitable products for showcasing during the expo. Products that will be selected for sale during the Expo 2020 Dubai will be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Representative of Kenyan Culture,
- Sourced and produced in Kenya,
- Must be branded with the Made in Kenya Brand Mark
- Adapted to the UAE market (Product branding guidelines and culture) including the following as part of product labelling; Must have bar codes, date of manufacture & expiry where applicable, product ingredients & material composition where applicable, storage guidelines where applicable, weight where applicable, how to use & application instructions, certification marks, standards mark, product brand name, full company contact details, among others.