Kenya Tourism Board
The Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) was established in 1997 through the legal notice no.14 under the state Corporations Act (Cap 446) of the laws of Kenya.
- To develop and implement destination marketing strategies locally and internationally.
- To provide leadership and offer strategic direction to both the government and the tourism private sector in matters regarding destination marketing.
- To establish public relations services to address issues concerning the image of the tourism industry in Kenya.
- To generate and manage tourism industry research, information and market data and necessary statistical information required for planning at both public and private sector levels.
- Work in partnership with national, regional and international organizations as well as local authorities in the country to improve the tourism environment.
- To monitor the quality and standards of facilities available to both local and international tourists and advice the private sector and government agencies on how to improve the facilities for various target markets.
- Initiate education and awareness programmes on tourism locally as well as abroad.
Our role at the Expo
Kenya aims at leveraging on its diverse products and professional private sector members to offer value added activities and experiential holidays in order to sustainably increase tourism yield and profits. The Kenyan trade will present niche product offers with endless opportunities for wildlife, culture, incentive, adventure, beach, sports safaris and eco-tourism.